Stuff I find while rooting about.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Toaster

I eat toast at breakfast 360 days a year. The look of toast is important to me. How soon it is buttered after popping is critical. I look at toasters in show with the same excitement as mobile phones.
When my last Phillips Toaster died (for the 2nd time) I took it apart. This revealed that it had a IC behind the control knob. I thought all along that it was a simple electro mechanical thing. Perhaps this explains why consecutive toasts in a session were so consistent in color.
Right now I am using a cheap basic toaster. The uneven toast color irritates me, but I plan to do a mod and have some fun.
Yesterday at the mall I had a chance to examine a Murphy Richards toaster. Unusual wide body and integrated slot cover. Soft touch buttons. They claim it is thier fastest toaster ever. This is an aspect I had never explored. Somewhere there are people benchmarking toaster speeds. I assume they would be from England.
Someone at office who shares my excitement told me about a toaster available similar to what they have at Subway. Apparently this uses a blast of hot air to only brown the outer layer of bread really fast without drying out the entire slice.
I shall research the Murphy Richards today. I did look at a Siemens four slice toaster, but the Porche design seems to have driven the price too high for my liking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

12:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

3:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home