Stuff I find while rooting about.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Go ahead and pirate music

I wanted to buy original music CDs, but can't get the titles I want here in India.
Buying through Amazon is fine except it takes a while to arrive. Amazon now has MP3s available starting at $5 an album. Its not as good as a lossless file that I would have preferred, but I thought I would give it a try. They made me download a lil piece of software to download the MP3s and then it says sorry you cant buy it outside the United States.
It should say sorry, please go ahead and pirate it outside of the USA since we are too stupid to let you buy it.
I wonder what purpose this serves? Its not like the MP3 format is a state secret.
Now I feel like never paying for music again.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Shaunak said...

This sort of DRM really gets you.

Even for movies, half of em don't get released here, and the DVDs come in months late. Why shouldn't a movie buff download the film off a torrent and enjoy it with the world?

3:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home