Stuff I find while rooting about.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Opera is free

Opera the browser I like best is now free. I had stopped using Opera for a year and switched to Firefox. I liked Opera a lot and was uncomfortable to use a hacked copy. I really liked it that much. Just the night before I had downloaded ver 8.02 and now its upto 8.50 and free.
The only thing I miss is the ad blocker in Firefox. Opera has an ad blocker via filter.ini, but its a bit messy. There is a utility to help though, by diplo.

2 Comments:

Blogger dharmbhai said...

me sticking wiht firefox.......long live mozilla.

these are teh extensions that i have loaded in FF
get these in Opera & then get back to me

flashgot
stumbleupon
adblock
dictionarysearch
autocopy
tabbedbrowserpreferences
ieview
flashblock

9:34 AM

 
Blogger Flypig said...

Yes I agree, the plugins do make Firefox great. Adblock actually was there in Opera since a long. U just didnt notice as its hidden and not very accessible. But yes I accept Firefox still is a tough contender.

6:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home