Stuff I find while rooting about.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Online bookmarks

Simpy is yet another bookmark manager. Its prettier than del.icio.us and even lets you import your del.icio.us bookmarks, but I wont shift. Del.icio.us has become part of Yahoo! so its likely to get pretty too. Not that pretty is a good thing.
Now the crying will start about using the Yahoo! login system for del.icio.us. Actually I thought that Google would buy it not Yahoo! At least now I am quite sure the service will live on, always freared it would die for lack of funds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if you are sticking with del.icio.us you should give LookLater a try. All bookmarks are private but you can tag any bookmark to del.icio.us or any other social bookmarking site with one click.

http://looklater.com

Thanks.

- Doug Martin
Creator, LookLater

3:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may want to have another look at Simpy. The fact that it's prettier than del.icio.us is not the only aspect of it that's better than del.icio.us. Let me mention just a a few: private bookmarks (can't do in del...), groups (can't do in del...), multiple Topics (can't do in del...), private taggable text notes (can't ...), full-text search (can't....), AND, OR, NOT, phrases, fuzzy searches, wildcard searches, etc. (no, can't do in del.icio.us). There is more... but I have to go have my lunch now. :)

I hope you can give Simpy a try.

1:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home