Stuff I find while rooting about.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Pocket on fire

Im working on a list of applications that I would like to see in a USB Flash Drive. I know there are several such lists out here, but this I am custiomizing for my engineers. This will take some time but I cant resist posting a few juicy bits.
There is now no reason to leave Firefox behind since there is a variant just for USB Drives - Portable Firefox. And while your about that you might as well take their mail client Portable Thunderbird along too.
Yes people if you have not yet got a flash drive this would be a good time to do so. At least a 64Mb.
I'm using a couple of external USB 2.0 hardware casings. The smaller one is with me most of the time. Bought it for Rs. 500 and stuck a 12 Gb notebood HDD into it. Sigh, as as soon as I can get a cheap 120 Gb..... OK I'm being silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home